CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night at Michael's

Michael layed a blanket on the floor and set up pillows in front of the tv as we watched the election. I rested on my side and Mike was propped up on his elbow looking at me.
"Would you marry me?" he asked out of no where. I was confused. I looked off to the side, then I looked back at him. I smiled.
"Yes," I said and looked up to him meeting his eyes.
"I would, it's just-"
"Because I'm 16 and need a parent's consent?" I asked.
"Well, Not only that but I couldn't afford a ring," he answered.
"What made you think about it?"I asked.
"Nothing,"he said. I was suspicious.
"Oddly enough, while I was home sick yesterday I was looking online at rings.."
He raised his eyebrow at me. I shrugged my shoulders.
"You know, the one I liked was only 400 dollars..."I suggested.
"400 dollars! I'm not paying that much for a promise ring" Michael exclaimed.
"I didn't say it was a promise ring," I said and smiled slyly.

"I'm getting way over my head,"he said.

0 comments: