CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I intend on living forever... so far so good

Okey dokey, I know I haven't written a blog in a while, but don't worry, I've been documenting it elsewhere. Hopefully with my lappytop, and when I get a cohesive regular schedule for work and school, I'll get more into the laptop. I have started a new diary in a comp book called,"I intend to live forever... so far so good."
In Ignite, we were talking about goal setting and the acronym is "SMART"
Specific - not a vague idea
Measurable - able to see the progress you're making
Action Plan - How you will achieve your goal
Reasonable- Can you do it?
Time Line - A time you want it achieved.

There's a lot of things I want to do in my life. I want to get married, have a family, have a house, travel, play accordion, eat vegetables (don't push me on that one)... But then I see the "T". Time Line. I want to do these things before I die. The more I think about my death, the more I live. I think some people get so creeped out about death (no matter how natural it is), and they don't see those goals have a deadline. You're more likely going to accomplish something with end in sight.
I know some people who want to lose weight, buy something they want to fit into. A dress, or swimsuit, shirt or pants.... Some people buy shoes because it makes them feel good about them selves. Other people are obsessed with collecting specific odd items such as cows and decorative disney plates, but I have found today.... I think I like buying formal dresses.
I've always loved buying dresses in general and formal dresses from thrift stores, but today I have bought my second prom dress in two months. I could see myself developing some unhealthy shopping habits. As I hung up my new blue ball gown next to my sleek teal evening gown, I asked myself,"Why do I like these so much?" I feel pretty when I wear them. I feel feminine. I feel special or worth it, like I deserve to dress up once in a while. I feel beautiful, mature, and just overall wonderful. I love them. I can't wait to wear it somewhere maybe with Mike and take pictures. I need to find shoes and jewelry for my new one too.

0 comments: