CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chair Auditions

Tuesday October 21, 2008

After school, I hopped on a bus downtown and walked to the Des Moines Central Library where I met Mike in the biography section. He sat turned from me with his computer is his lap. I came up behind him and asked what he was doing. Some sort of monopoly game.
“Guess who I’m playing against,” he said.
“Ryan?” I asked.
“No, computer,” and he started laughing for some odd reason. He lost the game and turned off his laptop. “Shall we go?” Michael asked.
We took the elevator to the underground parking lot and went on our way.
Before going to Mike’s house, we stopped at the Gateway Market, bought some pita bread and Jone’s soda so I could take my pill. Sample food was abundant as always. I tried some very strong apple cider and some really good cranberry walnut bread. Interesting…
Mike and I hung out in his office before his dad got home. Mike was then summoned to help unload and assemble a gas fireplace for the yard. When it was done, I went outside with Michael and roasted a marshmallow. I’ve decided that I don’t like the taste of burnt marshmallow quite so much. No- not really at all. It caught on fire and turned black. Ick. The fire place came with a poker, even though it has fake wood in place. I have no idea what the hell that’s for. We stuck our marshmallows on it. Mike’s mom pulled up, and was so pleased with her fireplace purchase. Mike took a picture of me and his mom through the other side or the fireplace, and a couple other dorky pictures.
My lord do I love that boy. So much. More than anyone- or for that matter- I will ever know.
Mikis had a couple free buffet and drink certificates to Cici’s pizza where we ate on the south side of town. After dinner, we went inside goodwill to kill some time. Mike bought a movie I can’t remember, and the vhs tape of the floods of ‘93 as documented by Channel 13. Classic. It’s probably worth a fortune some day.
Speaking of fortunes, Mike is investing in stocks of his mom’s company she works for. The stock is at 70 cents now, and twenty years ago was at 80 dollars. Mike said that the stocks just need to go up a 1.20 or so for him to break even. Nuts. I thought about it, and I don’t think that I’d want to go in with Mike on this because I’m afraid of being committed to a long term investment with someone else while not being in a long term relationship. You know how it is.
Michael took me to Lincoln High school and sat in his car for what was an estimated few minutes as I took my audition. What was only supposed to be 15 minutes took a half an hour. Michael was upset and came inside. He wasn’t angry at me- he couldn’t be, but was instead upset with the band directors. I was the last person of the whole day to audition when I’m the only person in my section. It’s pretty infuriating that being a guaranteed first chair, I have to audition at a very inconvenient time late at night. Oh- I also found out that tomorrow Pit and Drumline are supposed to be practicing after school, but Matt Hoskins the drum line instructor can’t show up- because he has classes. I don’t know how long that’s supposed to take. I asked a drummer how long they knew about this meeting. He said about thirty minutes. The Ankeny drum line clinic is next Tuesday. I am NOT looking forward to it. At All.

0 comments: