CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Art Punk No More

So, since I haven't blogged in a while, I never got to tell you guys about what's going on with my art club.
Personally- I think the teacher's a bitch.
WORD.

She doesn't want anyone else but freshmen to hold office in the club. She wants to plan projects herself and not follow the one semester plan I had made involving the community, and local artists. I told her that we don't have a functioning art club at main. She said she doesn't mind if the upperclassmen come to south, they just can't be elected or lead.
Her reasoning is that "Freshmen don't get the chance at Lincoln Main to be the leaders in organizations."
I said she was right. Because if you stay in a group for three years, and are a senior, you have proven to be the best kind of loyal leader who isn't going to drop out after a week like the freshmen have.

Mike says if she won't listen, I should just let her go at it herself. "Didn't your relationships teacher say herself, there's some people who just don't listen no matter how much you try?"
Yeah. And I love that woman.
"If this teacher won't listen to you, you just need to let her do her own thing. Until then, start your club elsewhere for the rest of the people. Let the freshmen know,'Hey, I won't be here anymore, and will be starting an art club up at main. Any of you are willing to join'"

I guess that works. Man- this sucks.

0 comments: