CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Are you Married?

Yesterday I sold a woman a pair of shoes. I asked if she'd like the receipt in the box or with her. She said in the box- then changed her mind.
"My husband is out of town and so I'm shopping today. I wouldn't want him to find the receipt in the box so I'll keep it with me."
I laughed.
"Do you have a husband?" she asked.
"No ma'm. I'm only 16,"I said.
"Good years. Enjoy them while they last,"she said. "Have you ever been asked if you were married?"
"No. Not at all. I mean, I've been asked if I had a boyfriend but..." We were laughing and smiling and told each other to have good days. But it made me wonder...

Do I really look that old? To be asked if I'm married? I've been asked where I go to work or college, but... I don't know. It seems a little odd for me. It doesn't scare me- not at all. It just intrigues me more like.

0 comments: