CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

This again

I wasn't scheduled for Today, tomorrow, or Saturday, but since Dave is gone, I'm covering his hours. Thursdays are Truck days where we get new stock so Dave's schedule was that he was supposed to get in at 7:30. I was a rebel and clocked in at 7:33. yep.
Not long after putting my things in my locker did things starting feeling weird. I went into the ladies bathroom and discovered my period. Rawrg... The machine in the bathroom doesn't work, so I found a nice woman (debbie?)to help me find some. Hugo the janitor couldn't open the machine, so he just grabbed a pad for me. While he cleaned the bathroom, I went to the salon bathroom. The pad is like an inch thick and in a weird cardboard box from like the early 80's.
Not long after opening the new shipment of shoes do I start to get nauseous. I avoided work for a while and fetched a water and some gummy snacks but felt like passing out. I told Jill about not feeling good and she asked for me to stick around for another hour until Mary could cover for me. I avoided customers by sitting in the stock room next to a garbage can and occasionally punching and kicking shoe boxes to make it sound like I was busy. I do that a lot.
It was FREEZING.
I went out for a bit and tried pulling out like, five pairs of shoes for this one woman. I'd go into the back room and try to "find" her size, even though I knew we didn't have it, because I felt sick like a dog. When I was done ringing out her purchase I fled to the back room and laid on the cold floor next to the water jug thingy. I went out and found Mary ringing up a purchase. My face was pale and I trembled.
"You don't look so good,"said the customer.
"Thank God you're here Mary,"I told her.
"Just don't give it to me..."she said as I clocked out. I went to the back room and sat on the floor and called Dad to pick me up. Luckily he answered and was on his way in five minutes.
I love my dad. He can be a hero at times.
I changed into my floral pajamas, popped some pills, plugged in the heating pad and slept for a few hours.
Dad woke me up and asked if I wanted any bratwurst. With mustard. Authentic fancy German mustard.

My dad is a hero.

0 comments: