CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Art endeavors


I got a canvas at Wal-Mart for only 6 dollars! :D Sweet 'eh? I was supposed to hang out with Mike but he decided he wanted to just sit around and do nothing without me there. That's cool. He needs some time by himself when he's not working.
I cut out my art punk logo finally! I've had the stencil sheet for a while, and just recently traced the image on the sheet. The one thing I didn't have until yesterday was an exacto knife. For my art projects I had been using a razor blade. It's not sharp and hurts like a bitch to press down on, which isn't very safe. Cutting out the stencil was intense! It was fun though. After I finished, I sprayed it on a cardboard box and tested it out. It looks great. It'll be easier doing art punk t-shirts next year this way, and we'll be able to use the shirts to customize it even further with names on the back and any embellishment anyone else wants to do. That'll be a fun project we can all do together.
I was thinking about the art club and how I really want to make it mine next year. I don't know anything about the art teacher next year. I don't want them to feel like the automatically have to do it and get involved. It'll need a lot of dedication and organization from me- which is exactly the kind of qualities I want to develop. I think that the money I get from my job I'll split three ways. Or four. Yeah...
1. art club
This will not only be for the club but my own art endeavors and projects. Sewing and
photography is included. Paint/canvas/stencil supplies/fabric. You know.
2. music
New cds, instruments, and lessons. Oh! and music. Anything I might want for pit next year.
3. future savings
*sigh* I might need a car SOME day. And move out. And go to school. yeah. Stuff like that.
4. Other stuff/misc.
going to java joe's for a drink after school, clothes, music shows, anything else like that. rubber chickens. hats. You know.

Yep. ANY WHO-

I prepped my canvas with some spray paint. i went to Wal-mart with my brother Thomas and got some blue and pink paint- two colors I sorta kind of need and never got around to purchasing. I just don't have yellow and orange now. great! :D I found a random wooden board in the basement that was here when we moved in. I painted on it and it looks pretty bad ass.

yep yep.

0 comments: