CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flooding


Yesterday, was a full day. I enjoyed it VERY much. :)
I went biking real quick, did a spray paint touch up on the house, took a shower, my dad gave me 20 dollars for the chore, and then Mike picked me up. I took my new cash and went and HAD to spend it at Target. I got three pairs of Jelly Shoes, a swim suit top (converse brand green bakini for five dollARs!!), sunglasses, and a tube of plastic farm animals. I collect small plastic animals.... Yeah. I do. What about it?
I had brought my canvas to Mike's house along with my traveling paint suitcase. It was pretty nifty. We were in the basement. Me painting- him trying to read or type and me continuously distracting him. Great 'eh? Yeah... Not for him I bet. Mike's brother, his girlfriend, and Mike's parents were all upstairs talking. I felt a little left out and I was already listening to them, so I took my stuff upstairs with Mike and joined the party while continuing to paint.
Mike, his mom, and I were watching the news after Hannah and Dustin left. Saylorville lake was being emptied a bit and downtown Des Moines bridges were supposed to be closed because of flooding. Great opportunity. I called my dad on Mike's cellphone, and asked if I could spend the night. I just wanted an excuse. He thought I was in trouble and that I didn't want to stay.
"Do you have anything over there?"Dad asked. What a stupid question.
"No DAD! It's not like I packed my bag because I was planning on spending the night and getting stuck. It's okay Dad- really."
I was sleepy pretty quickly. Mike and I fell asleep on the couch together. MAN was that uncomfortable, but oh- so sweet. First time I've spent the night at a boy's house. With him. like- sleeping. It's alright I suppose. I mean, his parents were in the next room, we were on the couch, and we weren't sharing a blanket or anything. I woke up pretty regularly a few times in the night. maybe every hour and a half. Every time I was awake, so was Mike, so I have reason to believe that he woke me up. In the night, I'd look up at him and kiss his forehead, or nuzzle against him. It was pretty sweet. ooooh yeah. :)
He was happy because usually when we hang out, I fall asleep, and then we have to wake up at the awkward hour of one at night and he has to take me home totally out of it and tired. It's probably safer. I hope I'll be able to do that more often. sure as hell is convenient.

0 comments: