CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Painting

I don't think it was a fight. Not from my point of view anyways.It was just an irritated discussion that neither of us really cared who 'won'. On the internet is so hard to determine someone's tone of voice. Well- I don't think he was upset- but I was.
I was just talking to Michael and BAM! out of no where, he tells me I should paint. I mean, you can't be serious. I don't understand.
Well, he says that I've been bored and that I should paint something. But.... uhh... okay?
I told him I only had mini canvases and I couldn't paint until I had something bigger.
"Go out and buy a bigger canvas then".
"Honey, they're expensive! and then you have to tie in the cost of more paint"
"How much is an average size canvas? 10 dollars?" he asks.
"Around 20 to 50." there's no real "average" size for canvas looking at the gigantic ones in museums like Monet's pointalist ones.
"If you painted you'd get better. It's more for the sake of painting then producing one,"Mike said.
I was getting a little upset. I don't care about getting better. He was starting to irritate me.
"You know what, you're absolutely right,"I wrote."Its 12:00, and I think I'm going to paint. yeah."
"You're silly..."Mike wrote.
"Silly?" I asked. "I am quite serious. I'm going to paint- right now."
He thought I was upset and being sarcastic. Really- I was upset and serious. I left the computer to get my paint bag with my brushes and such.
"You seem to know a lot about what you're talking about huh?" I asked.
"I know how artists work,"Mike told me.

He knows how artists work. Huh. Because I guess that me- an artist, wouldn't have any idea of how to work. I get it. Mike knows everything.

He went to sleep shortly after our discussion after a simple,"nm". Yeah. We exchanged our "Love you"s and I told him goodnight. I felt a little bad for getting upset, but I didn't think it was his place to suggest that I paint. I had been photo editing and blogging all day on here.

Two hours later- I'd have this.


0 comments: